Safe Return to School
2020-2021 School Year
The 2020-2021 school year began August 3 with all students utilizing an online learning model.
Bright Beginnings charter elementary school began the school year with online learning for all students. We are currently anticipating offering an option to return to an in person learning model at the start of the second quarter – October 13, 2020. This date will be dependent on the Arizona Department of Health Services benchmark data.
Our commitment to the health and overall well-being of our students, staff and community remains our top priority.
- Parent Letter Updated Mitigation & FAQ’s 9.18.20
- Parent Letter Reopening Update 9.4.20
- Parent Letter End 1st week of school 8.7.20
- Parent Letter In-Person Start after 1st Quarter
- Parent Letter Online Start Date 7.1.2020
- Parent Letter Reopening Update 6.29.20
- Survey Parent Letter 6.23.20
- Parent Letter Reopening Update 6.18.20
- Survey Parent Letter 6.2.2020
- Students and staff will be temperature checked upon entering school
- Students will go straight to classrooms beginning 8:10 a.m.
- Intensified cleaning and disinfecting procedures
- High touch surfaces will be sanitized throughout the day
- Hand sanitizer in all classrooms and throughout the building
- Smaller class sizes and socially distance students in classrooms as much as possible
- Minimize the number of students in common areas such as the playground via staggered schedules
- Lunch will be in the classroom
- Limit the use of shared materials in classrooms
- Limit volunteers/visitors on campus
- Teach/reinforce and schedule proper hygiene and sanitation
- Train all employees on health and safety protocols
- Signage showing best practices for hygiene and sanitation
- No field trips or school events first quarter – To be determined (TBD) thereafter
- Before- and after-care with implementation of school safety protocols
- Use Microsoft Teams for Education (formerly Microsoft Classroom)
- Teachers trained on live-streaming and recording/uploading lessons
- Classroom aides assist teachers and students during live instruction
- Classwork mirrors assignments completed in the classroom
- Attendance will be taken each morning and afternoon via Teams meeting
- Teachers available via Teams during specific pre- scheduled hours
- Work can be printed, competed, scanned and returned electronically or hard copies can be picked up on Monday and returned the following Monday
- Parents will be given a Daily Time Log and will be required to record student work time daily
- Daily time log must be signed by a parent/guardian and submitted weekly
- Specials classes will be included
- Social/Emotional Learning will be provided
- Flexibility to change from one model to another at the end of each quarter
Safe Place Services
In accordance with Executive Order 2020-51, Bright Beginnings School will make a physical space available to students who need a safe place to go during the school day.
Beginning August 17, 2020, a supervised room will be available Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. for BBS students who have been pre-registered for the Safe Place.
There will be no teacher-led instruction in the Safe Place room. It will be supervised by a classroom assistant or another adult staff member.
If you are in need of Safe Place support services, you will need to complete the form between Monday and Thursday (by 4 p.m.) for the following week indicating the day(s) in which your child will need to be on campus. You will need to sign up each week, and we will only accept registrations for the following week.
Please note, that per ADHS, onsite support services are intended for students who need a safe option for in-person support and who otherwise could not access resources for virtual learning.
Guidelines for Students Utilizing Safe Place Services
- Students will still be expected to participate in online learning while on BBS campus.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own devices (laptops or tablets) to school to complete their work. A limited number of BBS computers will be available.
- Students will be expected to meet Bright Beginnings School’s behavioral expectations.
- Teachers will not be providing live instruction.
- Students must bring lunch, snacks and water. No food will be provided.
- Students will be expected to wear face coverings on campus except while eating and socially distancing on the playground.
- No before- or after-care will be available. The Safe Place service is only available from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Sick children will not be admitted to the Safe Place room. Please keep children with any of the CDC-recognized COVID-19 symptoms home. If your child exhibits any of these symptoms while in the Safe Place room, we will contact you to pick up your child immediately.
Crisis Line (602) 222-9444
Text ‘HOME’ to 741741
Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Text ‘LOVEIS’ to 22522