Arizona Public School Tax Credit
Contribute to your child’s education with zero net cost to you!
This program benefits taxpayers and BBS students alike!
- R.S. 43-1089 allows a tax credit of $200 for individuals or $400 for married couples filing jointly for contributions made to a public or public charter school, including Bright Beginnings School, in support of extracurricular activities.
- It costs you nothing – you can direct your tax dollars to our school and reduce your tax bill by the entire amount you contribute, up to the stated limits. If you contribute $400, you will reduce your Arizona state tax bill by $400. So, for example, if you expect a refund, it will be $400 higher. If you expect to owe, you reduce the amount you owe by $400. (You cannot reduce your tax liability below $0. Consult with your tax professional if you have questions.)
- The state now allows eligible contributions made from January 1 through April 15 to be used as a tax credit on either the previous or the current year’s Arizona income tax return.
- Best of all, you are helping Bright Beginning School students access a vibrant array of extracurricular opportunities. (Tax credit funds help support our All Things EQ social/emotional wellness curriculum, the student technology, field trips, special events for students and much more!)
- Any family with an Arizona tax liability can participate. You do not have to have students at Bright Beginnings School to take advantage of the tax credit program.